BADD - B.C. Balance And Dizziness Disorders Society, Canada
Support for people with balance, dizziness, and related vestibular and hearing problems.
The B.C. Balance and Dizziness Disorders Society has been organized to provide information and support
for persons with balance, dizziness, and all vestibular disorders and to develop awareness of the
issues surrounding these disorders.
Visit BADD's new website at www.BalanceAndDizziness.org
for the most upto date infomation on the society's activities.
Thirty-five people gathered in June 1999 hoping to find mutual support for balance and dizziness disorders. The B.C. Balance and Dizziness Disorders society was subsequently:
- incorporated as a non-profit society in British Columbia in October 1999 and
- was registered as a Canadian charitable organization in January 2000.
- As of June 2002 there are 350 (three hundred and fifty) members.
Our GOALS are to:
- become more informed about out disorders and related topics.
- build a support network for people with vestibular disorders.
- help educate the public and health professionals about balance and dizziness disorders and their effects.
- improve the lives of people affected by balance and dizziness disorders.
BADD regularly sponsors informative talks by professionals on topics of interest to members such as: treatments available, medications, alternative medicine, helpful exercises.
BADD publishes "The Balance Sheet", an informative quarterly newsletter for members.
BADD members have access to a special weekly "Tai Chi for Balance" class.
BADD is creating a list of organizations, books, web-sites and other media of interest to people
with vestibular disorders.
BADD members have a common bond of understanding. We all know how it feels to cope with a disorder that is not apparent to others but which affects our ability to engage in ordinary everyday activities.
Charlotte Wynne, President 2001-2002
#325 - 5525 West Boulevard
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Copyright © 2001-2002 B.C. Blance and Dizziness Disorders Society
This webpage is a public service of ServiceMatrix.com and Netpac communications ltd.